The Historic Route of Ethiopia & Simien Mountains 11 days
- Trip Type Private Journey
- Tour Code GHET-021
- Private Journey
- 11 Days
- This 11 days cultural tour program takes you on a cultural & nature tour to the Historic Route of Ethiopia with the Simien Mountains National Park. This will enable you to discover Ethiopia’s ancient history and undiluted culture. You will spend few days enjoying the magnificent nature of Simien Mountains, make a relaxing mountain trekking with the troops of Gelada Baboon and see other endemic wildlife. On this tour you will also have the chance to interact with the local people and learn from their culture and life style.
This 11 days cultural tour program takes you on a cultural & nature tour to the Historic Route of Ethiopia with the Simien Mountains National Park. This will enable you to discover Ethiopia’s ancient history and undiluted culture while enjoying the magnificent landscape and spot some wildlife. On this tour you will also have the chance to interact with the local people and learn from their culture and life style.
- Take a rrelaxing trek in the breathtaking Simien Mountains National Park with troops of Gelada Baboons
- Discover endemic wildlife in the Simien Mountains
- Visit 4 UNESCO World Heritage Sites
- Be amazed by a visit to the rock-hewn churches of Lalibela, “the living wonders of the world”
- Explore the ancient city of Axum, the last resting place of the Ark of the Covenant.
- Discover the fairytale castles of Gonder
- Take cruise on Lake Tana to visit the ancient Island monasteries
- Site the source of the mighty river, the Blue Nile & Blue Nile falls
- Visit the vibrant city of Addis Ababa, Africa’s Capital
- Meet your ancestor LUCY at the National Museum in Addis Ababa
- Test varied Ethiopian food and attend Ethiopian Coffee Ceremony
Day 01: Arrive Addis Ababa
Arrive in Addis Ababa and afternoon city tour of Addis Ababa.
Day 02: Addis Ababa-Bahirdar
In the morning, drive to Bahirdar through the Great Blue Nile Gorge.
Day 03: Lake Tana-Blue Nile Falls-Bahir Dar
In the morning, visit the ancient island monasteries of Lake Tana. In the afternoon, visit the Blue Nile Falls.
Day 04: Bahir Dar-Gondar
After breakfast, drive to Gondar through the beautiful countryside scenery. In the afternoon visit the castle compound from the 17th century and Debre Birhan Selassie church.
Day 05: Gondar-Simien Mountains National Park
After an early breakfast, we will drive to the Simien mountains National park. The rest of the day, trek around the park
Day 06: Sankaber-Chenek-Simien Mountains
Today, you will make relaxing trek in the most dramatic sceneries of the park including Ginbar River Falls and Wolkafit mountain chain.
Day 07: Simien Mountains National Park-Axum
After breakfast start driving to Axum through the beautiful sceneries of Simien Mountains, Limalimo, Tekeze River Gorge.
Day 08: Axum-Yeha
After breakfast, we will start to visit the ancient city of Axum. In the afternoon, an excursion to the pre-Christian temple of Yeha.
Day 09: Axum-Lalibela
In the morning, fly to Lalibela and visit the first group of rock-hewn churches from the 1200 AD.
Day 10: Lalibela-Asheten Mariam
In the morning, mule ride, and trek to the top of Asheten Mariam Monastery. In the afternoon, visit the second group of rock-hewn churches.
Day 11: Lalibela-Addis Ababa
In the morning, fly to Addis Ababa. The rest of the day city tour of Addis Ababa which include: Merkato, Entoto and Piassa. In the evening, there will be traditional dinner and live cultural dance show. At the end of the farewell dinner, transfer to Addis Ababa airport for the flight back. End of tour.